You've studied long hours, handed in countless assignments, and endured endless lectures. For all of your hard work, it's time to reward yourself by getting behind the wheel of a brand new Mazda, and we're going to give you up to $1000 to get you started.
If you've recently graduated from an accredited Canadian university or college, you may be eligible for a cash award on virtually any new Mazda vehicle.
Check out the Details and make sure your school is on the list to qualify for the award. Plus, if you're graduating this year, take a look at our Lease Graduate Program that may help you to score a new Mazda sooner than you think.
This program is for recent University and College Graduates who want to get into a Mazda. They get a discount on top of any other program.
- All new, unused and certified pre-owned vehicles including MCI company vehicles and Dealer demonstrators sold and delivered as retail during the program period.
- Fleet units are not eligible.
- Canadian residents who have graduated between April 30, 2011 and April 30, 2014 from an accredited Canadian university or college. If the customer has not yet graduated, graduation must be within 90 days and be supported by a letter from the Registrar Office.
- The eligibility period is determined from the date shown on the graduate's official transcript. No exceptions from this period will be considered.
- Vehicle must be registered (RDR and licensed) in the name of the graduate.
- Only one graduate claim per customer.
Eligible Schools* and Degrees
- University: Undergraduate, Bachelor or Post Graduate, Master, Doctorate**. Course length: 3 Years
- Community College (outside Quebec): Diploma. Course length: 2 Years
- Cegep (Quebec): Diploma of College Studies in technique. Course length: 3 Years
*Recognized by Provincial Ministry of Education.
** Post Graduate degrees may be less than 3 years.
- Mazda Canada Inc. will pay a cash award, a portion of which includes the applicable GST/QST/HST.
- The cash award amounts are as follows:
- MAZDA3 and Mazda 3 Sport - $400
- The cash award will be used as a down payment and assigned to the selling dealer. The cash award should be deducted from the final selling price after all taxes.
- If the customer is unable to provide the required documents at the time of delivery, the dealer can withhold the cash award until the documents are provided and pay the customer afterward. However, all other elements of the program, including the 90 days from delivery eligibility, are still valid. A special note must be made on the Claim form to explain this circumstance.
- The Graduate cash award is in addition to any consumer retail incentives that may be available from Mazda Canada at the time of delivery.
- As this is a consumer offer, an acknowledgement (Incentive Claim Form in eMATE) must be signed by the customer.
- Graduates from foreign schools may qualify; however, the applicant may be required to provide proof that the school is accredited through the applicable governing body.
- Certificates / Attestations are not eligible.
- List of Eligible schools is attached.
- Condensed 2 year programs are not eligible.
- Eligibility is limited to 90 days from new vehicle delivery. (i.e. Dealers who do not apply for the Graduate Rebate at the time of delivery have 90 days following delivery to submit their application.)
- An applicant's degree cannot be used more than once.
- Date of issuance is not the Graduation date. This is the date the transcript was issued to the customer which is in most cases is different than the actual graduation date. Always look for the Graduation date or the date the diploma was awarded on the transcripts.
Proof of Eligibility:
- A photocopy of an original official final transcript from the college or university showing the Graduation date (a photocopy of the diploma is not acceptable for the Mazda Graduate Program) or a letter from the Registrar's office stating the name and length of the program and the Graduation date.
- OR IF not graduated yet: a letter confirming graduation within the program period from Registrar's office. The letter has to state the name and the length of the program.
- A copy of the vehicle purchase or lease agreement must be included.
- A copy of the provincial vehicle registration (and vehicle permit is acceptable wherever available) in the name of the student/applicant.
- The program rules and terms may be modified or amended by Mazda Canada Inc. by giving notice to the dealer in writing.
- Mazda Canada Inc. reserves the right to extend, expand, reverse or discontinue any provisions of this program at any time.
- Dealerships will be responsible for the cash award portion of the program for those applications rejected due to non-compliance with the above rules and regulations. If you have any questions, concerning a graduate's eligibility, contact your Region for approval prior to completing the transaction.